Property Case Study: Kitchen Fire
A member was using a deep fryer in the kitchen to heat oil. The member walked away to another room, and the fryer caught the cabinet and microwave on fire. The fire damage was contained to the kitchen. However, there was smoke damage throughout the house.
A total of $47,972.09 was paid out for the claim.
Issues to discuss
- Are residents allowed use of the commercial kitchen equipment? If so, what are the regulations regarding the use of the commercial kitchen equipment? See below for our risk management response to this practice.
- Discuss safe alternatives to the members using the commercial kitchen equipment